With the arrival of summer, the beautiful Balearic island of Mallorca is basking in the spotlight as a perennial favourite for families. Not only have two more of its beaches been awarded Blue Flag status for 2013 – taking the total of accredited beaches to 29, but I also got a heads-up this morning from Mallorca Farmhouses who will be offering up to 50% savings on last minute villa rental bookings this summer. If you are looking for cheap holidays to Spain you can book from four weeks in advance for reduced prices in gorgeous country villas such Finca Mungi and Casa Baskings, where you could save £836/$1298.
Throughout the summer, and until the end of October, accommodation specialists Mallorca Farmhouses are discounting properties by up to 50 per cent on last-minute bookings. Ideal for those looking for a luxury getaway for less, Mallorca Farmhouses offer a selection of exclusive villas, traditional farmhouses and country cottages all with a private pool and maid service. Almost all properties include free internet access.
Mallorca Farmhouses operate a simple tiered discounting procedure where customers save more the closer to the departure date. The discount process is as follows:
book four weeks in advance and save 10%
book three weeks in advance and save 20%
book two weeks in advance and save 30%
book one week in advance and save 40%
book the same week as departure and save up to 50%
My Top 5 accommodation options with availability this summer include:
1. Finca Mungi – Save £836/$1298 (Sleeps 12) – Located off a quiet country lane, this superbly restored, six-bedroom villa boasts a large living and dining area, farmhouse kitchen and private pool. There is also a great selection of beaches within a few minutes’ drive and an array of restaurants and shops in the nearby town of Cala d’Or. Available the week commencing 11 May (40% saving) for £1,254/$1948 per week (saving £836/$1298)
2. Can Jaume – Save £870/$1356 (sleeps eight) – Ideal for families wanting to stay close to amenities, this comfortable, four-bedroom modern villa is situated in Cala d’Or, just minutes from the international yacht marina, waterside restaurants, a tennis club and beautiful sandy beaches. Family-friendly features include a private pool, well maintained gardens with shade, iPod docking station, PlayStation3 and a DVD player. Available the week commencing 22 June with 40 per cent off, from £1,305/$2034 (saving £870/$1356), the price equates to under £164/$255 per person, based on eight sharing. There is also currently plenty of availability throughout August.
Within walking distance of restaurants and bars:
3. Casa Baskings – Save £469/$728 (Sleeps six) – This three-bedroom villa is located in a quiet area and within a few minutes’ walk of waterside tapas bars and restaurants in the picturesque fishing village of Porto Petro. A great home for couples or small families it offers a sun room with table tennis, private pool, sun terraces, mature palm gardens with plenty of shade and a large lawn for children to play. Available the week commencing 11 May (40% saving) for £706/$1,096 per week (saving £469/$728) Available the week commencing 18 May (30% saving) for £1,018/$1581 per week (saving £437/$678)
4. Finca Sa Cavea – Save £654/$1019 (sleeps eight) – Located in the pretty village of Cas Concos, close to local shops and a bakery, this traditional four-bedroom farmhouse dates back to 1725 and boasts vaulted ceilings and a wealth of original artefacts. Family-friendly features include a private pool, table tennis, PlayStation2, wi-fi, a covered BBQ patio and large gardens for children to play. Available the week commencing 22 June with 40 per cent off, from £980/$1527 (saving £654/$1019), the price equates to under £123/$192 per person, based on eight sharing. There is also currently plenty of availability throughout July and August.
5. Segue – Save £1,014/$1580 (sleeps six) – Set in open countryside in a quiet and peaceful location, this stone-clad, three-bedroom villa is surrounded by well maintained, colourful gardens and affords beautiful mountain views. Within a short drive is the bay of Puerto Pollenca, which boasts golden sandy beaches and many excellent shops, restaurants and tapas bars. Family-friendly features include a private pool, table tennis, wi-fi, a covered dining terrace and a large lawn. Available the week commencing 22 June with 40 per cent off, from £1,521/$2370 (saving £1,014/$1580), the price equates to under £254/$396 per person, based on six sharing. There is also currently plenty of availability throughout July.
For more inspiration on cheap holidays to Spain, go get lost recommends
If you liked this post, you can sign up for our weekly round-up and be entered into our draw for a 5-star breakaway. Go on… go get lost…